Thursday, May 29, 2014

Climate Change Versus Weather

Rain Or Shine Today, The Climate Is Changing


Even though a lot of people, myself included, have accepted climate change as a real threat there are a lot of naysayers out there. I'm sure most of us have heard people say, "It's God's will!". Or "If we're getting more snow how is there global warming?". Or "The weather man can't get it right what's going to happen this afternoon, how the hell do we know what will happen in 5 years?".

I'll have to admit that the weather question has even caught me up a time or two. Even today my phone told me 67* and sunny so I wore a t-shirt. I have seen nothing but grey skies and sprinkles of rain. How can we be so wrong about weather while being so right about the dangerous climate change. Maybe it is his smooth, relaxing tone, but Neil deGrasse Tyson is the go-to man for simplistic explanations.

The Video: Neil deGrasse Tyson Destroys Climate Deniers

On May 28, 2014, Mother Jones posted "Neil deGrasse Tyson Destroys Climate Deniers". This non-profit journalism has a publication and the website. The page What Is Mother Jones describe themselves as fearless journalists that go beyond corporate sponsors and "bust the bullshit". The non-corporate agenda allows them to drive more to the truth than anything else.


The Point: Weather is short term...Climate is forever!

Watch the upcoming COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey 
on June 1st on Fox or June 2nd on National Geographic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment